Sunday, February 16, 2014

Obsessing Over: Fashion Films

Hey Guys! Let me obsess for a sec...

"there have been some awesome lil short films from so many different fashion labels recently i am obsessed and overwhelmed bye"


I mean, it's hard to express how obsessed I am with these videos (and a few older ones that are new to me) over Twitter in 140 characters or less. So I decided to finally post another entry on the cat calls blog about how great these short films are (so you can see for yourselves!)

Fair warning, while these are ART pieces, some might be NSFW!

Another warning, I kind of went crazy with links/name dropping BUT I CAN'T CHANGE WHO I AM.


______________________________________________________________________________

(Flashing Lights Warning!)


This is A-Z of Wink from i-D. It's very visually captivating and reminds me of All Of the Lights or Enter the Void's title sequence. Anyways, it's fantastic and deserves a few watches, and re-watches, and re-re-watches, etc.

______________________________________________________________________________


Pussy Power is a Petra Collins piece for Purple TV. Jocelyn told me about this, so I read about it on Slutever. We both watched at the same time while on our bunk beds that we put together 2 weeks ago (late post- will update!) Um, I was already won over by the fact that Petra made this, but after watching I just felt feel so empowered. Plus, the girls look great in the their American Apparel. We all know who's gonna run the world.


______________________________________________________________________________



AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I AM SO IN LOVE WITH WES ANDERSON X PRADA COLLAB. I NEVER WANT IT TO END. EVER. While my absolute favorite is the Prada Candy series with Lea Seydoux, I'm still convinced that my heart belongs to Jason Schwartzman. I mean, remember Coconut Records' Opening Ceremony x Gia Coppola (here's a quick plug for Palo Alto) with Kirsten Dunst and how amazing it is?!!!?!!? It's like, my #1 inspiration (well like top 10):



PS Opening Ceremony, I am still lusting over Chloe Sevigny's gingham backpack in black. Please get more in stock, and maybe make it affordable for a college girl's budget. 



Real quick: Another Coconut Records song/vid (Directed by Mark Gonzales!) featuring Chloe Sevigny. Okay, how do I become involved in this fantastic circle of creative/glamorous people. If you know, please contact me. Please.
______________________________________________________________________________

Here is the Prada Candy series:


Episode 1


Episode 2


Episode 3

Unfortunately, I'm too in love with Marc Jacobs fragrances. One day I WILL try Prada, because Voltaire #6 doesn't actually exist.


PS Wes Anderson, please keep casting Lea Seydoux in your films!!!

______________________________________________________________________________


This series is just awesome. After reading about it on Nylon, I checked it out. It's from Miu Miu, and it's currently on their homepage! The description from the video is as follows:
"Spark and Light is directed by So Yong Kim. It's the seventh commission from Miu Miu Women's Tales, the acclaimed short-film series by women who critically celebrate femininity in the 21st century."
I encourage you to watch the series! It's so worth it, PROMISE!   


______________________________________________________________________________

This is probably enough for one post... but I will most definitely have another one where I obsess over fashion x film collabs. It's like total eye candy. 

XOXO
-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment